On children & life

 On Children

 I have started the ISHA STUDENTS' CLUB & STUDY CENTRE , out of my passion for children. They are children first, then students. It is very strange how children are and each student amuses me every time I see them. They are simple-minded until the influence of the society leaves a scar on their mind to corrupt the purity of their hearts & shake the harmony of their being. "I am often asked what is your role in your organization?" I am just a volunteer; I'm ready to teach, to play, to dance, to sing, to learn, to gossip, to talk to their parents, and anything that needs to be done, I'm ready to do. The CEO,DIRECTOR,...are just words,  positions which doesn't mean anything much to my life.

For me, the children are of utmost value. You see, what you have done to your children! You have made them-rich, poor, hindu, christian, muslim, smart, cunning, blind-believers, prudish, sentimental, jealous , political and what not ? To see a child with such identities dishearten me. You could have appreciated their innocence instead of conditioning them. They are innocent & hence they are exploited. You have a dream for your child, and to fulfill that you teach them to be exclusive, to be ambitious, to compete and spread the poison of comparison.

I feel responsible when I see a child from a government school, walking to school barefoot in the rainy season just for a plain brunch and dilute milk. I feel responsible when I see the audacity of a rich kid who fights for money. I feel responsible when one student every hour, commits suicide in this country! I feel responsible to see young children smoke and drink. I feel responsible when over ten million children go to sleep with a hungry stomach. Have you ever wondered about these things? NO! Because for you, your child is important. Let them put a heavy boot on others to fulfill the highest, if needed. 

Now don't ask me, what shall I do?

If there was Love in your heart, you wouldn't be asking this question, you wouldn't teach your child to belong to a particular caste or a money making machinery. Your life would have been different with that perfume of Love & flowering of compassion.

You know you are corrupt, let it be. Why corrupt a child? Your child may hold the first rank or be top in another art! But what place has it, if he doesn't know what it means to Love? Give a minute! Think about all this.

I want to make this world a better place with loving, caring, sharing & diligent children. When they walk, the very earth must bless them. I have a dream of making this happen. 

That is why.........ISHA STUDENTS' CLUB & STUDY CENTRE.
A vision, which might never be fulfilled!
A HOLISTIC EDUCATION FOR EVERY CHILD'S WELL-BEING.


- YASHAS RAY
DIRECTOR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to my younger self , RAY

I AM FROM - POETRY